Friday 5 June 2020

Crocheted Giraffe

I started this Crocheted Giraffe as soon as I finished a Crocheted Willendorf Venus May 18. This giraffe is the last on my list from Vanessa Mooncie's Crocheted Wild Animals Book. Did I save the best for last? I'm not sure. You be the judge. Tah-Dah! 
I snapped one photo before adding its spots, ossicones (horn-like protrusions on head) and eyes then took proper photos outside once I finished. This Crocheted Giraffe loved posing for photos ending our session with a showy bow.
It feels amazing to have finally finished all fourteen Crocheted Wild Animals ... a goal set over a year ago now. 

For this Crocheted Giraffe I followed Vanessa Mooncie's pattern changing only the suggested yarn and facial features. I used worsted weight yarn from my stash switching to light yellow once I ran out of golden yellow. For the face, I added contouring and stitched round eyes with lashes.

Here's the complete list of animals featured in the Crocheted Wild Animals book with all fourteen DONE as listed below. 

Done:
  1. Owl
  2. Rabbit
  3. Frog
  4. Polar Bear
  5. Lion
  6. Fox
  7. Elephant
  8. Camel
  9. Flamingo
  10. Snake
  11. Monkey
  12. Fawn (aka Deer)
  13. Chameleon
  14. Giraffe
Be the first to comment - click on No Comments: below 

3 comments:

  1. Very lovely work, Beth. Congratulations on completing all the projects. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the finished giraffe with his/her markings. The yellow is so bright and warm.

    ReplyDelete