Tuesday 4 June 2019

Crocheted Elephant

After finishing a little grey Arctic fox, I started on an elephant from Vanessa Mooncie's book "Crocheted Wild Animals". I followed the pattern as written changing only the trunk by crocheting into the back loops to create definite ridges more like a real elephant trunk.

This Crocheted Elephant was made using different shades of grey from my stash. I didn't really plan it in advance. As one colour ran out, I switched to another resulting in an elephant with a dark grey head and ears, three different bands of grey on its body and light grey for its legs and tail.

For comparison, I mixed in a few real elephant photos with my Crocheted Elephant shots. I like how this one turned out ... so cute and cuddly.  

Here are the fourteen different animals featured in the Crocheted Wild Animals book with the ones I've completed so far marked "Made It". 
  • Camel
  • Elephant - Made It #7
  • Polar Bear - Made It #4
  • Deer
  • Fox - Made It #6
  • Monkey
  • Rabbit - Made It #2
  • Snake
  • Lion - Made It #5
  • Giraffe
  • Owl - Made It #1
  • Frog - Made It #3
  • Flamingo
  • Chameleon 
Seven out of fourteen done ... halfway there. 

Be the first to comment - click on No Comments: below

2 comments:

  1. I think you should contact the author and designer with your suggestion for the pattern change that gives the elephant his (her?) wrinkled trunk. I'm sure she'd be thrilled. It is a wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beth, this little guy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete