Monday 6 May 2019

Crocheted Rabbit

Once I finished my Seaside Ripple Blanket, I pulled out Vanessa Mooncie's Crocheted Wild Animals book again to pick my next project. Crocheting blankets is relaxing and fun, but I really LoVe making toys. And I really, really LoVe Vanessa Mooncie's crocheted wild animal patterns.

Since it was close to Easter at the time, I decided to crochet a rabbit. I love how this Crocheted Rabbit turned out. He is just so adorable with his huge ears and big feet. Take a look and let me know what you think.
To make this Crocheted Rabbit, I followed Vanessa Mooncie's rabbit pattern changing only the yarn and expression on his face. 

In case you're wondering, I used DK weight yarn left over from my blanket ... soft grey for the rabbit, white for his tail and cotton candy inside his ears. I stitched his face using dove grey with a bit of black for his eyes. 

As soon as this rabbit hopped off my hook, I started on a frog also from Vanessa's Crochet Wild Animals book. I will be sharing photos of the Crocheted Frog as well. Watch for them coming soon.

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

2 comments:

  1. He is very cute. I don't think I would describe him as "wild" I think I prefer your amiguri-type designs, Beth. I do know, however, from writing that learning from another person about form can make a difference in our ow way of expressing ourselves. Your crochet is making a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. And you're right. I am learning lots of new techniques working through Vanessa's patterns.

      Delete