Friday 10 May 2019

Flowers for Mothers' Day

Our son left for Kenora last weekend to spend the summer fighting wild fires. Before he left, he bought me Flowers for Mothers' Day. 

I found this on the mantle along with a hand-written note last Friday when I got home from work. It was sweet of him to think of me with all the other things he had to prepare for his summer away. 
  
Thank you for buying me Flowers for Mothers' Day. I love this white Fuji Spider Mum paired with purple irises ... perfect choice.

In case you're wondering, our son has been sending regular updates from Kenora this week. He loves where he's staying (a cottage on a lake with three other young men) and loves that he gets to work fighting wildfires. 
I found a video series online called "Playing With Fire". My son tells me he knows some of the people in the videos. They are his coworkers. 

About Playing With Fire:

"Drought and climate change have turned Canada’s forests into fire bombs that go off every summer. In Ontario alone, there are over 1000 blazes each year. Even with new technology, the essential weapon in the fight against fires is the initial attack crews. These firefighters are ready at a moment’s notice to protect our forests, our communities and our lives. Playing With Fire is the story of two northwestern Ontario crews, one in Kenora and the other in Sioux Lookout."

As you can imagine, I will be sending lots of 'stay safe' wishes his way.

I am truly happy for him and looking forward to hearing all about his adventures. It's bound to be an exciting summer. 

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below  

No comments:

Post a Comment