Tuesday 21 May 2019

Crocheted Lion

As soon as I finished the Crocheted Polar Bear, I started working on a Crocheted Lion from Vanessa Mooncie's Crocheted Wild Animals book. One week later, the lion is finished. I'm so pleased with how he turned out.

The pattern suggested mustard yellow yarn for the lion ... a colour I did not have. Instead I found 2.5 balls (50 g) of Patons Angora Bamboo in flax amongst my stash. Perfect except that I ran out on the mane, so had to improvise using a combination of black and brown to finish. 

I've included lion photos copied from the internet to show how closely this Crocheted Lion resembles the real thing. Take a look to see what I mean.
Image result for male lion
Image result for male lion
 
Image result for male lion
 
Image result for male lion from behind
 
Image result for male lion
 
Image result for male lion walking to the right
 
Image result for male lion walking to the left
Image result for rear view male lion
Such a fun little project. This Crocheted Lion is the fifth thing I've made out of fourteen included in the book. 

Since we enjoyed a long weekend at home with plenty of time set aside to crochet, I've also finished a sixth. Can you guess what it might be from the list below? Can't guess? No worries ... I will be sharing photos soon.

Here are the fourteen different animals featured in the Crocheted Wild Animals book with the ones I've completed so far marked "Made It". 
  • Camel
  • Elephant
  • Polar Bear - Made It #4
  • Deer
  • Fox
  • Monkey
  • Rabbit - Made It #2
  • Snake
  • Lion - Made It #5
  • Giraffe
  • Owl - Made It #1
  • Frog - Made It #3
  • Flamingo
  • Chameleon 
  
Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below


3 comments:

  1. That's quite a mane - just like the real thing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it that your lion is moving to a more realistic animal image as your grand kids are growing up and seeing the world as it is. What a wonderful world you are sharing together.

    ReplyDelete