Tuesday 7 May 2019

Crocheted Frog

As soon as Rabbit was finished, I started on the frog featured in Vanessa Mooncie's Crocheted Wild Animals bookWhat's not to love about this Crocheted Frog with his big googly eyes and floppy jointed legs? 

He posed for a bunch of photos just to show off his moves really.
Image result for vanessa mooncie crocheted wild animals
Coincidentally the green from my stash looks similar to the recommended yarn, so my Crocheted Frog looks very much like the frog in book. 

Just one more photo showing how Frog and Rabbit enjoy hanging together like two "hoppy-happy" friends.
Although I'm tempted to make another frog in blue or some other cool colour, I am moving on for now making yet another animal from the book. As always, I will be sure to share photos when I finish. 


Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

2 comments:

  1. Beth, these new crocheted toys have long arms and legs. Have you considered putting wires in them so they are posable? Also, when my kids were small, my mom made them toys and she found some paw inserts that made a little song when they were pressed. It might be something for your crew. Now you can record your own voice or some other special message. Look them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly I try to keep them totally baby-friendly without added wires or gadgets. Good idea for older kids or parent-monitored toys though. I'll check it out. Thanks.

      Delete