Thursday 23 May 2019

Crocheted Arctic Fox

With unsettled weather this past long weekend, we only fit in one short 50 km bike ride Saturday afternoon leaving lots of time and energy for doing other things like mowing grass, pulling weeds, opening the pool, laundry and crocheting ... lots and lots of crocheting.

I started working on this Crocheted Arctic Fox Saturday afternoon finishing just two days later on Monday night.

This Crocheted Arctic Fox is the sixth thing I've made from Vanessa Mooncie's Crocheted Wild Animals book

The pattern calls for DK weight dark orange yarn. Although I do have some yarn appropriate for foxes amongst my stash, it was not nearly enough. I decided to substitute light weight silver grey yarn to make a small Crocheted Arctic Fox wearing her summer coat instead. 

Take a look at the photos below where I have included a photo of a real Arctic Fox found on the internet. I think grey was a perfect substitution.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here are the fourteen different animals featured in the Crocheted Wild Animals book with the ones I've completed so far marked "Made It". 
  • Camel
  • Elephant
  • Polar Bear - Made It #4
  • Deer
  • Fox - Made It #6
  • Monkey
  • Rabbit - Made It #2
  • Snake
  • Lion - Made It #5
  • Giraffe
  • Owl - Made It #1
  • Frog - Made It #3
  • Flamingo
  • Chameleon 
Six done ... only eight more to go. I wonder how long it will take to finish all fourteen?

Be the first to comment - click on No Comments: below

No comments:

Post a Comment