Monday 20 November 2017

Crochet Christmas Gnomes

I first noticed Christmas gnomes while out shopping. They looked adorably sweet and like something I could make. I was thrilled to find a crochet pattern for the exact sort of Christmas gnome I had in mind. 

The pattern provided instructions for a round body stuffed with rice, little round nose, long fluffy beard and tall pointy hat. I loved it's simplicity. 

My first gnome toppled over unable to sit upright because I had stuffed it with poly-fill instead of rice. I added arms and legs ... problem solved.
This gnome worked out so well I decided to make another. These two Crochet Christmas Gnomes are soft and squishy... perfect for cuddles.
I continue to work with yarn from my stash. You can see one gnome is a little bit bigger because he was made using slightly heavier yarn. 
 
My next three Crochet Christmas Gnomes were made following the pattern exactly. Stuffed with rice, the body feels a bit like a Hacky-sac, but is perfectly stable. I managed to capture a few fun photos while the sun shone last weekend. 
 
 
 
 
I love my Crochet Christmas Gnomes. Like my daughter said, "They're adorable and hilarious." I hope reading about these colourful quirky little gnomes helps brighten your day with smiles from meo my crochet.

If you would like to make one too, you can find the free pattern here by blogger Nerissa at MissNeriss

Go ahead, make a few. You won't be disappointed if you do.

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

4 comments:

  1. I think they are very cute and they won't break if they happen to get knocked off the mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog post about crochet! I love that you have a blog, and I love how you make your blog like a journal. It helps me feel engaged and makes me want to read more. It's also nice to see what your day-to-day life looks like - I can easily relate to that! Gomovies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely pattern and for sharing it. Much appreciated. From Liza, South Africa.

    ReplyDelete