Monday 10 June 2019

Crocheted Camel

I finished a Crocheted Camel yesterday. That makes eight so far from Vanessa Mooncie's book Crocheted Wild Animals. I followed the pattern as written changing only the yarn and expression on its face. I picked yarn from my stash using three different shades of beige for this camel. 

One of my favourite parts of the process, aside from taking photos and figuring out what to say, involves joining the pieces and sewing the face to make it look adorable. Crochet sculpture ... a fun creative outlet. 
I love how you can transform a pile of parts into a cheery Crocheted Camel with just stitches and a teeny tiny bit of magic. 

I found a few camel photos online to show how this camel compares to the real thing. Take a look and let me know what you think.
 
 
 
 
 
Here are the fourteen different animals featured in the Crocheted Wild Animals book with the ones I've completed so far marked "Made It". 
  • Camel - Made It #8
  • Elephant - Made It #7
  • Polar Bear - Made It #4
  • Deer
  • Fox - Made It #6
  • Monkey
  • Rabbit - Made It #2
  • Snake
  • Lion - Made It #5
  • Giraffe
  • Owl - Made It #1
  • Frog - Made It #3
  • Flamingo
  • Chameleon 
Eight out of fourteen done ... more than halfway there. 

Be the first to comment - click on No Comments: below

2 comments:

  1. Your crocheted creatures always have such kind expressions on their faces. Is that why you changed the look of the camel's face? In my mind they are not looking at people kindly, so I am interested. Your work is always delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just partial to happy faces. Most of the camel photos look pretty stern except for the last one I found ... almost a smile on that camel.

      Delete