Tuesday 30 June 2020

Our Parliament of Owls

I wrote about Our Backyard Screech Owls earlier this month. This family loves to hang out in our backyard maple tree. Owls are shy plus it is difficult to get decent photos among the branches. 

Did you know that owls are generally solitary, but when seen together the group is called a “parliament” as they have long been thought to be of wise disposition?

Surprised to find all four owls together this afternoon, I rushed to get my camera and managed to capture a few decent shots of Our Parliament of Owls. 

Mom and Dad rest quietly in the background while their two babies keep a close eye on me with my camera. 
I am so happy with Our Parliament of Owls this summer ... such a fun distraction from all things COVID. 

Be the first to comment - click on No Comments: below

5 comments:

  1. You were lucky to get this shot. By the time I get my camera ready to shoot, "it" is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Your maple tree must be very quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty quiet. Bonus - the owls scare away the little birds that normally poop all over our pool patio 🙂

      Delete