Friday 20 December 2019

Crocheted Snake

I finished three more Crocheted Wild Animals from Vanessa Mooncie's book months ago and finally got around to taking photos of them this past weekend. Since each animal deserves special attention, I will share photos of each one in separate posts starting with the Crocheted Snake.

At first, I wasn't happy with my choice of yarn for this snake as it seemed a bit stiff. The body tended to fold instead of coiling smoothly as I imagined it should. Luckily, this problem resolved as the snake grew longer. This Crocheted Snake coils quite nicely around our banister now. 

Although not keen on cold, he reluctantly posed for a few photos outside as well. He's really rather cute and cuddly for a snake. Don't you think?
To make this Crocheted Snake, I followed Vanessa's pattern as written except for substituting the suggested yarn. I used worsted weight yarn from my stash in appropriate colours - cream, beige, dark brown plus a bit of pink for the mouth, red for the tongue and black for the eyes. 

Here's the complete list of animals featured in the Crocheted Wild Animals book with the ten I've done so far listed below. 

Done:
  1. Owl
  2. Rabbit
  3. Frog
  4. Polar Bear
  5. Lion
  6. Fox
  7. Elephant
  8. Camel
  9. Flamingo
  10. Snake
Not Done Yet:
  • Deer
  • Monkey
  • Giraffe
  • Chameleon

Be the first to comment - click on No Comments: below

1 comment: