Tuesday 25 June 2019

More Yarn

So far, I have been using yarn from my stash as I work through Vanessa Mooncie's Crocheted Wild Animals book. It's a practical thing to do. 

I love making toys from scraps but decided to splurge and buy new yarn selecting colours more appropriate for my next "Wild Animal". 

I bought five - 50 g balls of Mary Maxim Ultra Mellowspun DK yarn (70% acrylic, 30% nylon); two each in melon and rose and one in black. I also bought one - 100 g ball of Mary Maxim Trendy Baby DK yarn (100% Antipilling Acrylic) in playful pink print.

This new yarn is super soft, "non-splitty" and easy to crochet with ... perfect for toys. I expect I have found a new favourite yarn for when my 'stash' just won't do. I'm almost finished #9 on my list with this new yarn. 

Can you guess what it is?

I will be sure to share photos when #9 is done. Wait for it coming soon.

Here's the complete list of animals featured in the Crocheted Wild Animals book with the eight I've finished so far listed below. 

Finished:
  1. Owl
  2. Rabbit
  3. Frog
  4. Polar Bear
  5. Lion
  6. Fox
  7. Elephant
  8. Camel

Not Finished Yet:
  • Deer
  • Monkey
  • Snake
  • Giraffe
  • Flamingo
  • Chameleon 
  
Be the first to comment - click on No Comments: below

6 comments:

  1. I didn't look at the list and I thought "octopus". That would such a great toy for your grand kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Octopus will definitely be on my list when I start another of Vanessa Mooncie's books "Crocheted Sea Creatures". Crocheting the year away one book at a time.

      Delete