Wednesday 26 June 2019

#BadPoetryGreatShoes

My husband forwarded this email from Xero Shoes to me last night. 

"There once was a monkey named Fred
Who went to the market for bread
His wife was not pleased
As she preferred cheese
So he snagged her some @XeroShoes instead 
#BadPoetryGreatShoes

Are you the next Walt Whitman, Emily Dickinson, or Dr. Seuss?

Well, neither are we, but that doesn't stop us from writing some truly terrible poems.

Now, you can win a $100 www.XeroShoes.com gift card by submitting your own rhyming anti-masterpiece. 

How To Enter: 
  1. Upload a photo of your Xero Shoes to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
  2. Craft a bad poem (it can be as short or as long as you'd like)
  3. Tag @XeroShoes and use the hashtag #BadPoetryGreatShoes
We will choose our favorite "Whack Walt Whitman" in two weeks.
The Bad Poetry contest runs through July 9th. Your job....make us giggle. Go forth, we believe in you." 

* * * * *

This was my reply to my husband copied to my Mom and our kids for accountability"Challenge accepted with Xero pleasure!!"

* * * * *

As some of you might already know, I love Dr. Seuss and rhyming. This was a fun challenge for me. I will be posting this poem and photo of me in my Xero sandals on Facebook as instructed. Wish me luck.
Xero Z-trail Sandals @XeroShoes
Have you heard the news?
I love them a lot.
The best shoes I’ve got.
I wear them on the town.
I wear them on the trail.
I wear them climbing up 
I wear them climbing down.
I wear them without fail.
I wear them all around.
I wear them when I rhyme.
I wear them all the time.
#BadPoetryGreatShoes

Be the first to comment - click on No Comments: below

1 comment: