Tuesday 9 February 2021

A Potty Pal

When I heard our niece's son is potty training, I thought it might be fun to crochet something to help with the process. 

He already has a potty training book called "Why do we need a potty?" by Katie Daynes. I checked. 

With that in mind, I decided to crochet A Potty Pal. 

In case you're wondering, "What's a Potty Pal?", let me explain.

Here at meo my crochet, a Potty Pal affectionately nicknamed 'PP' is an anatomically correct crocheted doll and potty. 

To make PP, I started with a basic doll pattern called Simply Amis by blogger Beth Webber at "By Hook, By Hand". I took my time working out the details bit-by-bit until this doll looked like a proper little boy with a potty. PP turned out even better than I had imagined ... exactly what I had in mind for potty training. 

These photos tell the story of PP discovering his potty and figuring out how to use it. I had tons of fun with this one. Can you tell?

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

6 comments:

  1. Caution, some nudity. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this little fellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Crochet helps take my mind off lockdown restrictions and this little guy was super fun to make and photograph.

      Delete
  3. Beckett will be so excited to receive this - a reward for his efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be dropping him off along with our spare potty this weekend.

      Delete
  4. This absolutely perfect. What a great idea. So so cute too!!

    ReplyDelete