Monday 22 June 2020

My Week with Mom at Lasting Memories Cottage

Back in January way before covid lockdowns, my Mom booked Lasting Memories Cottage for a week in June. She planned to spend the week by the lake with her friend Zibby relaxing and reading books. They expected to enjoy lovely lake views and drive into into Bayfield for all the fun touristy things. 

Due to current covid concerns making normal human interactions seem risky and downright scary, Zibby backed out. My Mom understood her concerns but still planned to go. 

As luck would have it, my trip to Boulder in May was cancelled due to covid Canada-US border closures. With no way to visit our grandchildren in the foreseeable future, Mom asked if I'd like to go with her to the cottage instead. Of course I jumped at the opportunity. I was excited and looking forward to our get away.
My Week with Mom at Lasting Memories Cottage was all I had hoped for and more. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. A perfect mother-daughter vacation with many lasting memories made. I did my best to capture the highlights in photos.
The weather was perfect the whole week ...warm and sunny. The sunsets were spectacular every.single.night! I took lots and lots of photos of sunsets and lake views. Sunsets ... just glorious!
Early morning lake views ... pretty pinks and purples.
Continuously changing ...never boring 😊
We enjoyed breakfast on the deck overlooking the lake every single morning. It was heavenly. We never got tired of continuously changing lake views.
I prepared plant-based meals for us both all week except Friday night when my husband joined us and barbecued steaks. I appreciated Mom enjoying my plant-based meals. Mom appreciated not having to cook ... win-win 😊 
We made a few trips into Bayfield to enjoy touristy stuff ... shopping and lattes at the Shop Bike Cafe. Covid rules required hand sanitizer for entry to each and every store and physical distancing was enforced. Despite all of that, the shop owners and workers were inviting and friendly. It was fun to wander around the shops after so many months of covid closures.
Mom read books, but not as many as usual. I crocheted, but not that much.
We walked Sadie to the beach, up and down the stairs and around the neighbourhood. We looked for beach glass and stones ...lots and lots of stones. I swam. Mom waded. We relaxed and watched the lake. We chatted. We drank tea. We connected. We sipped wine. We did not NOT watch TV. We watched sunsets. 
And I took photos ...lots and lots of photos. If you'd like to see more photos from our week, check out this album shared on google photos. Lasting Memories Cottage is a fabulous place to stay. We even checked off almost all the rules on their list ...12 out of 15! I'm so grateful Mom invited me to join her.
I absolutely loved My Week with Mom at Lasting Memories Cottage and hope we do it all again next year.
 
Be the first to comment - click on No Comments: below

4 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to spend that time together! Looks like an amazing vacay��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just the escape we needed. Crazy covid time for teachers these days. I hope you enjoy your summer break. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment 😊

      Delete
  2. What a lovely holiday for the two of you. Lake Huron is wonderful. Please say hi to your Mom and to Lee´s parents from us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. Lee tells me we're getting together with you at another cottage soon ... looking forward to it!!

      Delete