Monday 26 December 2016

Our Christmas

Our Christmas was much like last year. We celebrated with our parents and son, just the seven of us. 

Our daughter and her family stayed home in Boulder for Christmas again this year. My husband's brother and his wife booked a trip to Punta Cana from December 21-28. We enjoyed their photos and daily updates on Facebook. Our niece and her husband spent Christmas with his family in Goderich. They celebrated with her parents the weekend before they left for Punta Cana. 

My parents joined us Christmas morning to open gifts. We served cappuccino. They brought muffins. This has become a fun family tradition since moving to London 15 years ago. Even our pets get excited about Christmas gifts. They know exactly how to rip into wrapping paper.
Our cat loved her new hand-knit doll filled with catnip. She chewed, tossed and drooled all over it. Our poodle loved her new squeaky toy. She took possession and refused to share.
Our son's pup thoroughly enjoyed his first Christmas. He loved all his new toys and treats. It was a joy to watch him play.
After gifts, my parents returned home to rest. They had been up late hosting their annual Christmas Eve Open House for family and friends. 
After my parents left, we hiked to the Sifton Bog boardwalk before heading home where I spent the afternoon preparing a traditional Christmas dinner of roast turkey, crock-pot stuffing, cubed squash (baked), broccoli with cheese (also baked), mashed potatoes (made by Mom), cream corn and gravy. I always fuss and worry about the meal, although I'm not sure why. As always, everything worked out and tasted delicious. It would be difficult to mess up turkey.
For dessert, we enjoyed trifle made by my Mum-In-Law... mmm so tasty.
I am so late writing about Our Christmas that it's New Years Eve already. Our son and his girlfriend joined us for dinner (barbecue steak) before heading out to a party at a friend's house. My husband and I are enjoying a quiet evening. He is reading while I write. We're almost ready to watch a movie and maybe stay up as late as midnight.

From our house to yours, we wish you all a Happy New Year.

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

4 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful Christmas, enjoy your New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful..my christmas was quieter..happy new year my friends. The trifle looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoyed our Christmas get-together - especially the turkey dinner.

    ReplyDelete