I am using my Boo Bear pattern with fox colours, different ears and a tail. Making more fox-like ears has presented a challenge.
The first set looked great until they were securely attached. When they didn't look right, I cut them off and started over.
Next I tried a red triangular ear with white 'fluff' sewn on the inside. This was better, but still not quite right. It was too big and lacking the black bits found on red foxes.
I made a third version slightly smaller than the second incorporating a black tip before sewing white "fluff' on the inside. With the ear pinned in place, you can see I finally got it right. I'll make a matching ear before sewing them in place and finishing the face.
Next I'll make the body and arms saving the tail for last. Let's hope tails are easier to figure out than ears. Making a Fox is fun.
As always, I will be sure to share the pattern when I finish.
Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below