Thursday 30 January 2014

Ready to Fly

Two robins in a nest will make a perfect gift for our grandson. They are all packed and ready to fly to Boulder tomorrow. I can hardly wait to see his cute little face when he also finds two little Lindor chocolate hearts snuggled in the nest. I have enjoyed making these birds. This has been a nice little project to fit in amongst all my other preparations for travel and being away for 9 days.  

I hope my husband and son can manage while I'm gone. My son will be responsible for feeding the pets so I created a feeding chart where he can check off each meal. My joker husband wrote on the top of the chart, "The pets are on a diet, do not feed."  I wonder if he thinks I fuss a bit too much? Oh well, I'm sure the pets will survive be fine.

I'm looking forward to spending time with my mom, daughter, son-in-law, grandson and new grandchild (hopefully s/he arrives while we're there). Wish me luck on my travels. 


Robins Ready to Fly

Lindor Hearts - 'Sweet Tweet'
Technical details for the crafters out there - I followed a pattern called "The Love Nest" created by blogger Yellow, Pink and Sparkly. It can be found here if you would like to give it a try. I made a few minor alterations including starting with a magic circle and working in continuous rounds instead of joining each row. I also turned the body of the birds inside out as I like the fuzzy look on the 'backside". I used dark brown Lett-Lopi wool yarn for the body and tail.  For the tummy and beak I used Bernat Satin in goldenrod and hook size 3.25.  For the eyes I used black acrylic yarn.  The nest was done using hook size 5.5 and three strands of DK yarn held together.  I used scraps of yarn both wool and acrylic in grey and brown tones. 


Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below.

No comments:

Post a Comment