Wednesday 4 January 2023

Bear and Wolf Carvings

For my birthday in 2019 I treated myself to two painted Bear and Wolf Carvings created by Tony Callaghan a local artist with a booth at the Western Fair Market called "Sidhe Ring". I love the colours, images and mythical stories behind Tony's artwork. I love everything about these two pieces in particular. 
Words Tony painted on the underside of the bear carving:
Ke-na-Kow-nasz
Ursus the great bear, guide and sanction in the vast star filled skies. The shaman charts the dance of the cosmos, his guide an owl of many bright hues. Knowledge, foresights and faith give answers to the shamanic quest.
The Bear Star Singer
Ke-na-Kow-nasz
We hung these carvings above door frames in our front hallway where I see them every time I walk through. The majestic bear is walking away in one direction while the wolf pack is heading in the other direction with the young wolf looking back nervously to ensure the bear is not following. At least that's the story I like to tell with the placement of these two carvings.
If you ever get a chance to visit the Western Fair Market in London, Ontario, be sure to stop by the Sidhe Ring upstairs to chat with Tony. His stories and good cheer are bound to make your day a little bit brighter.

Be the first to comment - click on No Comments: below

1 comment:

  1. Tony is a gem. He always has the best stories!

    ReplyDelete