Saturday 3 October 2015

Fall Crochet

I continue to crochet using yarn scraps, but I've switched to making owls and pumpkins for fall. 
This owl was made using a 4 mm hook with worsted weight Bernat Handicrafter cotton yarn following this free pattern by blogger Divine Debris with a couple small changes. I omitted the wings and added ear tufts. I still have lots of cotton yarn, so might crochet a couple more. Owls make great gifts for little ones.
These pumpkins were made using a 3.5 mm hook with bulky Bernat Alpaca yarn in natural and tundra following this free pattern by blogger June on PlanetJune. I made some pumpkins last year in this size (3.5" across) and larger by simply doubling the pattern, but gave them all away. Luckily, I still have enough yarn to make a couple more. White pumpkins are great for both fall and winter decorating.
 
I like using yarn scraps. It's practical and fun making each owl unique. I think this owl looks great from both the front and back in this mix of colours. I want to make more.
I am currently working on another owl in slightly different colours as my Fall Crochet continues. I will be sure to share photos when it's done.


Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below.

5 comments:

  1. I think it is adorable Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont understand the rotate...down the other side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You start working down the side and across the bottom and back up the other side. You end up working in a circle once you make a flat bottom. Does that help?

      Delete
  3. I dont understand the rotate. Is that down the other side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes (see reply above too). Your aim is to start working in the round.

      Delete