Wednesday 24 June 2015

New Bike for Work

My indoor bike parking solution (see here) was NOT approved on the grounds it would not be fair for everybody who rides. Instead my company is putting a lid on the bike cage. With latch bolts welded in place and the cage covered, it should be safer. 

Unfortunately, I don't believe the cage can be made totally secure. My next best strategy involves riding a bike that thieves are less likely to want. With this in mind, I bought a Costco bike - Infinity Horizon.3 Hybrid currently priced at $199.97 (clearance). 
I'll raise the seat, lower the bars and add clip-less pedals, a water bottle cage, a bell and perhaps a wicker basket to complete the look. This bike is such a huge departure from my usual ride, it's almost cool. I can't wait to try that spring cushioned seat. It's definitely a bike built for comfort.

So what do you think? Is my strategy likely to work? Will thieves leave this one alone? Let's hope so.



Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below.

5 comments:

  1. Hope it stays safe - definitely not your usual ride but very cute anyway - definitely needs a wicker basket!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a basket would look great. Safety will be a concern. At least I have a 1" cable lock now... should slow them down.

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    Velodome Shelters offers a wide range of innovative bike parking shelters and bike racks to fit virtually any site or budget. More Bike Enclosurest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see all the cool options available. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot for this contribution! It's been very useful for me. I would like to thank for the efforts you have put in writing this blog. I am hoping the same high-grade blog post from you in the upcoming days as well.Bike storage racks

    ReplyDelete