Wednesday 23 July 2014

Creamsicle Banana Pop Baby Blanket

I finished another crochet baby bobble blanket. It is one of my favourite free patterns called Ruffles and Dots Baby Blanket by blogger Maybe Matilda found here. I started two weeks ago as mentioned in this post and am happy to report all leftover Bernat Handicrafter cotton yarn shown below got used up plus I did NOT have to buy more. YiPpEe Mission Accomplished!! 
I decided to finish the blanket in creamsicle once I ran out of pale yellow then I worked a row of bright orange single crochet around the outside which coordinated nicely with the frilly creamsicle border. As I was working the last row of the border, I wasn't sure if there would be enough yarn to complete the round. Check out that teeny tiny bit of leftover yarn in the photo. I couldn't have planned it any better. 
I love how the bobble bumps make a fun and tactile blanket for babies.
I even love the look of the blanket finished with 6 bobble rows in creamsicle. It was a necessary colour change to avoid buying more yarn as my intent was to use what I had on hand for this project. The bright cheery colours inspired me to name it "Creamsicle Banana Pop Baby Blanket". A delicious baby blanket for summer.
Our poodle loves posing on this baby blanket. It's a perfect fit for both poodles AND babies. 
I've included stats and instructions in case you might like to make one too. I promise you won't be disappointed if you do.

Stats/Instructions for this blanket:
34" x 34" outside edges
Yarn - Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight)
Hook size - 5.0 mm
13 bobbles across
29 bobble rows (26 bobble rows of pale yellow + 6 bobble rows of creamsicle)
1 row of single crochet (sc) around outside with 3 sc in the corners (bright orange)
1 row of 2 double crochet (dc) per sc with 7 dc in the corners (creamsicle)
1 row of alternating 2 dc then 1 dc in each dc around with 5 dc in the corners (creamsicle)

Math for starting chain: 8 x # of bobbles in first row = 104 for 13 bobbles across
3 rows of sc before first bobble row, between bobble rows and after last bobble row
First and last bobble row: 3 sc before first bobble, 7 sc between bobbles and 3 sc after last bobble
Alternate bobble rows: 7 sc before first bobble, 7 sc between bobbles and 7 sc after last Note: only 12 bobbles on alternate bobble rows

I hope that all makes sense. Do comment if you have any questions or need clarification. I would be happy to help.


Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below.

No comments:

Post a Comment