Wednesday 25 November 2020

A New Blue Bunny

I finished a New Blue Bunny last week. This bunny is similar to one I made for a friend in June. If you missed it, you can read all about that bunny, aptly named Dr. Bobbo Bunny, here

Just by changing the colour (robins egg blue instead of taupe) and the position of the ears (upright instead of floppy), I've created another one-of-a-kind Christmas gift for a special little two year old we know. I hope little B likes his New Blue Bunny. 

I rather like the look of this little bunny posing for frosty photos.

For the crocheters out there who might like to make their very own Blue Bunny, I followed my Boo Bear pattern for the legs, body, arms, head and hood. 

For the ears and tail, I loosely followed the rabbit ears and tail in Vanessa Mooncie's Crocheted Wild Animals book decreasing the size to fit this bunny. 
Tail - decreased by half. 
Ears - starting chain of 20 and 7 rows instead of 8 
Eyes - stitched using brown yarn

Yarn: 
Mary Maxim Ultra Mellowspun DK 50 gm, 1 3/4 oz
1 ball - Cotton (head, hands, tail, mask)
1 ball - Robins Egg Blue (body, outer ears, arms)

Unlabeled DK Yarn from stash
light pink (inner ears)
dark brown (eyes)

Hook sizes: 
3.0 mm 
2.5 mm (inner ear)

Mask Instructions:

Stitches:
ch - chain
ss - slip stitch
sc - single crochet
hdc - half double crochet
blo - back loop only

Chain 20 (enough to cover width of face)
R1 - 2 ss, 2 sc, 12 hdc, 2 sc, 2 ss, turn
R2 - ch 1, blo (2 ss, 2 sc, 12 hdc, 2 sc, 2 ss) turn
Repeat R2 until mask is big enough to cover face
Chain 30 (to fit around ear), ss down side of mask and across bottom, chain 30 (to fit around other ear), ss across top of mask and finish off, weaving in ends

If you decide to make one too, please do send me a photo. I love to see crochet creations inspired by my patterns.

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

No comments:

Post a Comment