Tuesday 24 November 2020

Introducing Miss Plum Poppy

Allow me to introduce Miss Plum Poppy. Plum Poppy was happy to pose wearing her fancy green top over her base layer white shirt and purple pants. I plan to make a few more tops before sending her off to her new home in Boulder, Colorado. 

With ongoing border closures, it could be many more months before we finally get to visit. Who knew a global pandemic would mess up our plans for 2020? It's been more than a year since our last visit. We miss seeing our grandchildren. Online photos and chats are great, but can't replace proper in-person visits.

Miss Plum Poppy is a gift for our granddaughter. I'm sure they will love each other. I have to say I'm a little envious that Miss Plum Poppy gets to see our granddaughter before we do. 

I started crocheting this doll a few years ago, but she sat half done in a basket until I felt an overwhelming urge to finish her this past weekend. All I had to do was complete her head, hair and clothes. The fun, fiddly bits which add flair and personality are truly my favourite part of the process. I'm not sure why I didn't finish sooner. Oh well, I'm happy I finally got round to it.

Introducing Miss Plum Poppy - another unique crochet creation.
If you would like to make a similar looking doll, I loosely followed this pattern by HJ-Handmade - translated by CrochetWawa. The pattern now costs $5.99 USD. It was free when I found it in 2016. 

Note: I used black pipe cleaners inside the legs and arms to make them bendable. 

The white top and hat are sewn in place. The purple pants are intentionally tight and difficult to change, while the fancy top and scarf are easily removed. I think a rainbow of colourful tops including a red one for Christmas would be lovely. Oh my, only four weeks till Christmas. I better get back to crocheting. Luckily these tops are quick and easy to make. 😊

For the fancy top, I followed this free pattern for a shell stitched dressThe purse was made using my mask pattern as the base. 

Use your imagination, be creative and you too could crochet a special one-of-a-kind doll for someone you love. 

Be the first to comment - click on No Comments: below



4 comments:

  1. She's adorable. What a lovely new way for you to connect with young E! I look forward to seeing her new fashions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. I'm starting with her red Christmas top.

      Delete
  2. Love her - especially that pretty dress - she is so stylish!

    ReplyDelete