Saturday 5 November 2016

Reading for Pleasure

Reading for Pleasure has become my new favourite pastime. 

My evenings and weekends used to be full of crochet. For the past five years, I spent many happy hours crocheting all sorts of fun things. I stopped crocheting in May when I started sitting on the floor at home. I spent the summer getting comfortable with floor sitting and walking wearing minimal flat shoes. I am pleased with my progress so far.

Recently I joined a Book Club and rediscovered the joy of reading. I love getting lost in stories. I read two books for book club before getting more from the library. The time I used to devote to crochet is now spent reading. Unfortunately, I prefer to sit comfortably while reading. Since floor sitting is still important to me, my laptop is set up on the floor.

On weekends, my husband makes me delicious decaf cappucino to enjoy while reading. I loved his fancy leaf design on this one. 
 
 
I made a bit of progress with this little crochet doll over the past few weeks. I hope to finish her eventually. I am working on her head next then hair, pants and shoes. As always, I will share photos when (if) I finish.
Have a wonderful weekend doing whatever makes you happy. 

Book Club Books:
The Guest Room by Chris Bohjalian (enjoyed)
Good to a Fault by Marina Endicott (enjoyed)
Girl on the Train by Paul Hawkins (read this in Cuba - loved it)

Other books:
Saving Grace by Jane Green (enjoyed)
Always Watching by Lynette Eason (enjoyed)
Winter Stroll by  Elin Hildebrand (enjoyed)
Second Nature by Alice Hoffman (enjoyed)
The Making of Us by Lisa Jewell (just started)
The Perfect Witness by Iris Johansen (up next)

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

4 comments:

  1. Glad that you are enjoying reading again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie just bought Girl on the Train which I want to read first. I enjoy the author Chris Bojalian. I think he wrote The Woman Who walked into doors (if I remember the title correctly) which I enjoyed. I have read all of Elin Hildebrand books. Same goes for Alice Hoffman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll enjoy that book. I will be reading more books by both Chris Bojalian and Elin Hildebrand. I like their writing.

      Delete
  3. There are a few things I like about book clubs - reading books that I would never have considered, chatting with other readers (especially when my husband doesn't like reading) and time out from a really busy life.

    Readers will understand the enjoyment of getting completely lost in a great book and feeling kind of sad that you read it so fast. The Girl on the Train was a great book.

    ReplyDelete