Tuesday 11 March 2014

Sweet Evie Sweater

I started a sweater for our granddaughter the week before we left for Boulder and brought it along to finish. I used a free pattern called The Eloise Baby Sweater by blogger Moogly. I usually do not like to crochet any kind of clothing as I think knitting works much better but this pattern caught my eye and looked like something I could manage. 

My daughter liked the look of it without sleeves so I decided to leave it sleeveless.  I used Bernat Satin yarn for the two accent colours; light sage and goldenrod. The base colour is Bernat Softee Baby in flannel (light grey).  Since I selected a lighter weight yarn than the pattern suggested, I used a 4 mm hook and followed the instructions for 12 months sizing. It fits our little granddaughter perfectly and she is about 9 1/2 lbs.

After seeing this photo, I decided to call it our Sweet Evie Sweater, doesn't it look cute on her? Our granddaughter is 3 weeks old today and absolutely adorable in my humble opinion. I'm thoroughly enjoying our daily cuddles while we visit this week.


Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below.

No comments:

Post a Comment