Monday 2 January 2023

Crocheting Sweaters

My next crochet challenge back in March of 2021 involved making a sweater for my daughter. I searched online for an easy and free crochet sweater pattern that looked comfy and wearable. I think I found the perfect one. It's called Bead Stitch Pullover by blogger Wan at KNITCROADDICT.

I love my first "practice" sweater made using yarn from my stash. I actually made a mistake working the bead stitch, but loved how it looked so carried on to produce a fun colourful version of the bead stitch pullover that suits my style perfectly.

Once I finished my colourful sweater, I made a trip to Michaels Craft Store to buy enough yarn to make a sweater for our daughter. I bought five balls of Lion Brand Heartland Yarn in a colour called "Carlsbad Caverns". This time I worked the bead stitch pattern properly making the sweater with one extra pattern repeat on the sleeves. Overall, I like how it turned out. 

I really love the colour and softness of this crochet sweater. The sleeves are perhaps a little long. I'm not really sure how it fits though because our daughter announced she was pregnant with baby #4 soon after I finished. Oh well, no worries she may wear it eventually. And if not, at least I enjoyed doing something productive to take my mind off COVID.

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below



No comments:

Post a Comment