Monday 2 January 2023

Crochet Baby Elephant and Blanket

When I heard our niece was expecting a baby in April of 2021, I was excited. Baby gifts are my absolute favourite things to crochet. As soon as I finished the sweater for our daughter, I started on a baby blanket and elephant ... such fun.

I was happy to finish this elephant on the very day our niece's son was born - April 23, 2021.

I took a few photos to show you this Crochet Baby Elephant and Blanket. I especially love the last photo showing our niece's baby posed with his gift. This photo was a perfect birthday gift for me!


I picked a new-to-me pattern called "Crochet Modern Moss Stitch Blanket" by Daisy Farm Crafts. I used worsted weight 100% acrylic yarn in white and arctic (blue) Craft Smart Value yarn to make this blanket. With a 6 mm hook plus a starting chain of 150 and a two row border, the baby blanket measured 40"x53".

I made the baby elephant in arctic (blue) to match the blanket with a bit of contrasting red on its frilly white bonnet. If you'd like to make one too, you can find the free pattern here.

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below



2 comments: