Friday 16 December 2022

Back to Blogging?

I'd like to explain why my blog has been neglected for almost two years now. I lost my blog writing mojo due to a combination of covid-restriction-induced malaise plus a major life change. Don't worry, it was a good change.

I retired in July of 2021 from an office job where I sat at a desk all day. After so many years of sitting, I decided to change things up exploring other interests. I took a break from both crocheting and blogging which eventually morphed into a long hiatus.

My husband and I have been catching up with projects in and around our house, traveling, biking, hiking, rock climbing and relaxing. I love retirement for the freedom it provides. 

Retirement rocks!!!
This fall, I gradually started crocheting again. I joined a weekly knitting and crochet group at a local library with a friend making simple crochet dishcloths while I chat with like-minded people. It's fun and inspires me to create more at home on my own. 

Creating Caroline's photobook was a total joy. The idea had been bubbling up in my mind for months just waiting for the right time. This week was the week. I spent Monday and Tuesday searching through my daughter's shared photos, selecting and downloading what I wanted for the story. On Wednesday, I sat down with my laptop and didn't get up for ten hours straight (except to go to the bathroom and let the dog out) until the book was done.

Wow! I never sit like that these days!! Like I said, writing that book was a joy and I loved every minute of getting my creative mind flowing. That book inspired me to make a post. I also have a few projects to share. Some are old and some are new. 

Am I back to blogging? Christmas is a busy time of year plus we have exciting travel plans for January and February. I am inspired but also realistic. In retirement, I am much easier on myself so no promises. I choose to be happy and see where it leads.

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

2 comments:

  1. I've missed your blog. glad you're back. Always so interesting.

    ReplyDelete