Wednesday 3 March 2021

Introducing Elfin

I made yet another doll. This time using chunky yarn from my stash. Chunky yarn makes for a bigger, sturdier doll. Our granddaughter took one look and immediately named her Elfin. 

I wondered if Elfin really suited this doll. Just to be sure, I looked it up. "Meaning of Elfin: Name Elfin in the Anglo Saxon origin, means One who is the ruler of the Elves. Name Elfin is of Anglo Saxon origin and is a Girl name." 

"Elfin" it is then and perfectly suitable too.

Introducing Elfin with the pretty purple hair modeling her yellow sundress with silver grey detailing and matching pantaloons. 
For the crocheters out there who might like to make a similar looking doll, Elfin was made following a Simply Amis crochet doll pattern designed by blogger Beth at By Hook, By Hand

I followed the pattern for Ami Mignonette using chunky beige yarn from my stash instead of worsted weight as suggested.

I followed patterns for dresses and pantaloons at By Hook, By Hand to make Elfin's dress and pantaloons.

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

1 comment:

  1. Elfin looks very sturdy - I like the colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete