Monday 8 February 2021

Matching Hats

I made Snow Girl as a gift for our granddaughter, so I thought it might be nice to make a matching hat with braids on the earflaps and a big white pompom. 

The hat patterns at Repeat Crafter Me are written for worsted weight yarn. My yarn is DK weight which works up much smaller. I planned to compensate by making a larger size. I started with the adult size hat, but it looked too small. Next, I tried the large adult size hat plus added more rows. It looked too big. So then, I tried the large adult size without extra rows. It looks about right.  

I am hoping one of these three Matching Hats will fit our granddaughter and perhaps another might fit our youngest grandson. I expect our oldest grandson is too old to wear a hat like this now that he is ten.

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

No comments:

Post a Comment