Thursday 30 August 2018

Crochet Honey Bee

I was inspired to make a Crochet Honey Bee way back in June when our niece named her baby "Beckett" which literally means "bee cottage". 

Since I couldn't find a free bee pattern, I decided to make my own. 

How hard could it 'Bee'?

I started with the head and cap (similar to my other patterns) then a striped body followed by two legs, two arms, two antenna and lastly four wings. I worked slowly a few rows at a time putting it down for long stretches busy with all sorts of other things. This was my summer crochet project. It took ages, but I finally finished and took some photos to share.

What do you think of this Crochet Honey Bee? Isn't he adorable?
If you would like to make a Honey Bee just like this one, I will be sharing the pattern soon on my Free Crochet Patterns page ... a Free Bee.
 

Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

2 comments:

  1. So cute! What a beautiful gift for your niece's baby. I think your crochet toys are delightful. Do you add wire to your toys' arms and legs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have added wire in the past but not on this one. I tend to avoid wire and buttons on toys for young babies.

      Delete